New Year, New You…..really?
It’s 2013, clean slate! You going to start this year with “training mean and eating clean”…….. How is that working out? Fun? Easy? Enjoying it much?
So what the problem? You want it! You need it! But you just don’t seem to be able to make it a reality and god knows you’ve tried every year.
- Motivation: It’s so cliché, but it’s the truth. If only motivation was sold by the bottle or could be downloaded on iTunes. But it can’t, so here’s what you do! Find an activity that gets you engaged and the motivation to do that activity comes naturally. Elite athletes are not motivated by their body fat percentage, it’s just one of the perks of working hard at something they love.
- Friends: Training partners or group fitness is social as well as keeping you in check when you lose your way.
- Moderation: We often mention it when it comes to food and drink, but the same applies to training. Ease yourself into it. If you haven’t trained in Months, Years even Decades, then start with easy manageable goals.
- Just Do! : No time? Really? 20 minutes 3 times a week is an hour more than you did last week and 4 hours more that you did last month. It all adds up, and it all counts!
- Plan long term – think short term: Getting super fit and losing loads of weight, is a great long term goal. But remember to include daily, weekly and monthly goals to keep you on track and inspired.
- Enjoy: Most importantly, keep fitness fun and you will keep going back for more.